Thursday, March 3, 2011

Run Attempt: Nike Lunar Kayoss

Nike Lunar Kayoss
Workout: 45 Minute Run w/ 10 minutes at Tempo Pace

I just got these shoes as a present for my birthday.  I was really looking forward to testing them out on a run.  I came back to school and met up with some members of my track team to do a workout.  These shoes seemed a little stiff when we first started running.  As the run progressed and we started the tempo, I noticed that these shoes were striking the ground in a very heavy fashion.  The Nike Lunar Kayoss are a training shoe, not a running shoe, and that was apparent when trying to run in them.  We finally rounded the corner to school and finished our workout and I drove back to my apartment.  Looking back on my run today, I would not suggest the Lunar Kayoss for running hard paced workouts in, but if you are new to running, these shoes might be a suitable starting point.  I would not recommend wearing these shoes for over 15-20 minutes of low to moderate paced running.  On the other hand, if you play other sports or are looking for a shoe to wear to the gym then these are definitely an option for you!


This shoe is no longer available on the Nike website, but there are a ton of websites out there who have them available.  Such as:

Foot Locker:
http://www.footlocker.com/catalog/productdetail/model_nbr--137351/sku--86481001&SID=8732&inceptor=1&cm_mmc=SEO-_-Feeds-_-Froogle-_-null#sku=86481001&size=06.5

Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Nike-LUNAR-KAYOSS-RUNNING-SHOES/dp/B0049M3RHS

Eastbay:
http://www.eastbay.com/product/model:137351/sku:86481001/nike-lunar-kayoss-mens/?cm=GLOBAL%20SEARCH%3A%20KEYWORD%20SEARCH#sku=86481001&size=06.5

Also, check out Nike.com to check out other great shoes that are available for runners.
I hope this blog post has helped you learn a little bit more about this shoe.  If you have had any experiences with this shoe that you would like to share or have any comments please feel free to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment